BsModz Forum Index BsModz
BsModz

BsModz 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

so I havent said a word about Tuukka yet,

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miaowang123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: so I havent said a word about Tuukka yet, Reply with quote

NEW YORK -- Between the 15th and 16th picks in Thursday nights draft came a very special selection by the NBA. Commissioner Adam Silver announced at that point that the NBA would let Isaiah Austin fulfil the dream of every young player, making him a ceremonial pick. Just over a week ago, the sophomore centre from Baylor was diagnosed with Marfan syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that affects the heart. It ended his playing career. The illness was discovered during a physical for the draft. "For Commissioner Silver to even invite me here was a tremendous blessing and it just shows how much class that man has," Austin said. "Its really been a tough week for me, and its been really rough. Ive just had a tremendous amount of support from everybody around the world, telling me theyre praying for me and everything. I cant thank everybody enough." The crowd at Barclays Center rose to its feet as Austin, sitting in the waiting area with most of the first-round picks, hugged family members and put on a generic NBA cap. He went up to the stage and posed with Silver, just as all the drafts picks do when they are called. During the season, the 7-foot-1 Austin revealed he had a prosthetic right eye after multiple operations couldnt repair a detached retina. Austin, expected to be a high pick when healthy, said he felt he has "a great story to share." He said Baylor coach Scott Drew has already offered him a coaching position with the Bears. "I have a whole life ahead of me," Austin said. "Im not going to sit here and Im not going to sulk about not being able to play basketball anymore, because I can still be involved with the game somehow or some way." Austin said there was plenty to enjoy on what would have been his draft day. "Just being around all the draftees and seeing my friends get drafted, it just brings joy in my heart because I know how hard we work to get to this point," Austin said. "Ive been through it. ... Just to see how people persevere through their own problems, because everybody has their own problems. Its touching and its heart-warming, really." Minutes after Austin made the walk across the stage, there were comments on social media. Kevin Love of the Minnesota Timberwolves tweeted: "Happy Isaiah Austin was able to hear his name called at the NBA draft. Very cool to see." The 1991 Heisman Trophy winner Desmond Howard tweeted: "Adam Silver hasnt been on the job 12 mos and is already doing a remarkable job! Very classy move. God bless Isaiah Austin." Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder tweeted: "Adam silver is such a classy man! Thats love right there. Im emotional for him. Damn I love that." Austin is already spreading his message of perseverance. "I want people to know they can push through anything, because Ive done it," he said. "I just want them to know they have the power within themselves to do it if they keep faith and a positive attitude." Saucony Jazz Original . The group of Slava Fetisov, Igor Larionov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Sergei Fedorov, & Slava Kozlov were a dominant force for The Wings at one point in the 90s. Saucony Originals Nederland . -- Byron Scott is taking over the Los Angeles Lakers with the vocal support of his fellow Showtime greats. http://www.jazzoriginalschoenen.nl/nl-saucony-grid-9000-premium.html . - Buffalo Bills running back C. Bait x Saucony Viridian Burner . The move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Hosmer was originally hit on the hand in the first inning of a July 20 loss to Boston. He has played most of the time since, but missed a few contests due to the injury, then departed Thursdays win over the Twins and had tests that revealed the fracture. Saucony Shadow 6000 Kopen . Numbers Game looks into the Wild getting Matt Moulson from Buffalo. The Wild Get: LW Matt Moulson and LW Cody McCormick.SOCHI – Finland will be shorthanded when it clashes with Canada on Sunday. Young forward Aleksander Barkov, who left a couple of shifts into the third period of his teams game on Friday, has suffered a knee injury that will force him out for the remainder of the Olympic tournament. The 18-year-old Barkov had an assist in his five-plus periods in Sochi. According to published reports in Finland, Barkov is expected to be out from four to six weeks. The Finns already were without star players Mikko Koivu and Valteri Filppula to begin the Winter Games. Koivu suffered an ankle injury in early January that he hasnt fully recovered from and Filppula was knocked out action with a broken ankle in late January. But without Koivu and Filppula, the Finns still managed to score a combined 15 goals in wins over Austria and Norway. Goaltending, however, is tthe strength of the Finnish team, which like Canada also took the day off to rest on Saturday.dddddddddddd Tuukka Rask played in Finlands first win and made only 12 saves in an 8-4 decision over Austria. Kari Lehtonen was in goal for Finlands 6-1 victory over Norway. If Rask starts against Canada, will assistant coach Claude Julien share any secrets with the Canadian players? Julien, of course, coaches Rask with the Boston Bruins. “First of all, we dont know who will be their starting goalie, so I havent said a word about Tuukka yet,” Julien said. “When the time comes, and I told Tuukka before the Games that Ill say it, he doesnt really like shootouts. Hes been very public about it. Hes an excellent goalie. We havent spent too much time on goalies strengths and weaknesses. But Tuukka doesnt have many weaknesses.” Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BsModz Forum Index -> Wolfteam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: