BsModz Forum Index BsModz
BsModz

BsModz 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ight, getting an extra day off ahead of Sundays c

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miaowang123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: ight, getting an extra day off ahead of Sundays c Reply with quote

SOCHI, Russia – Leo Komarovs KHL club had one flight this season of the marathon variety, precisely the kind of tiresome experience that has the former Leaf winger reconsidering his career status. “It took us 12 hours or something,” he said of the near 10,000 kilometre flight from Moscow to Vladivostok, quick to mention the one stop required to refuel along the way. It may not be in Toronto, but Komarov seems to have his sights set on a return to the NHL next season. The 27-year-old had his first (and long-desired) taste of the league in 2013 – calling it “probably the best time of my life” – before returning to Dynamo of the KHL last summer for reasons both financial and otherwise. “I want to get back,” Komarov said of the NHL. “Its a big goal for me for next season. [But] Im going to see how its going to work out. Dynamo is playing pretty good right now so its like everything is good there too, but I really enjoyed it in Toronto. It was really good.” Komarov played in 42 games with the Leafs and was the pesky, agitating force the organization hoped hed become when they drafted him in the sixth round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. But with the lure of a hefty one-year contract in Moscow and more opportunity ahead of the Olympics this winter, Komarov chose to leave Toronto after just one season. “No hard feelings against Toronto,” he said. “I really enjoyed it. Everything was good, but Dynamo gave me a really good offer.” More money than a cap-strapped Leafs brass was prepared or even able to pay this past summer. But just as important as the dollars gained by returning to Russia was the chance to play big minutes with a powerhouse squad in Dynamo. And with keen hopes of representing Finland for the first time on the Olympic stage here in Sochi, Komarov wanted to ensure his best was on display as often as possible. “I need to play a lot to make this team for Olympics and I knew Im going to get a lot of ice-time in Dynamo,” said Komarov following practice with a trimmed down Finnish Olympic squad, NHL players yet to arrive on this day. “You go in the NHL and play on the fourth line – five, six minutes – its hard. I wanted to make 100 per cent sure that Im going to make the team. “Maybe the contract situation was a little bit [a reason] too. It was a hard decision, like I want to play in NHL, but what happened happened.” Though he is quite at home in the KHL, where hes played for four seasons now, Komarov certainly enjoyed the upgrade in lifestyle associated with the NHL. From the lavish hotels to comfortable charter planes to do-it-all training staffs to visits in New York, Montreal and Boston, the NHL just has more to offer than the league in Russia, up-and-coming as it is. “Its like the best thing that can happen to a hockey player to be there,” said Komarov of playing in the NHL, remaining in touch with current Leafs Phil Kessel, Frazer McLaren, Tyler Bozak and Nikolai Kulemin. “Its so nice.” Toronto was also a more desirable resting place for his Finnish girlfriend. Unlike Komarov, who speaks four languages including Russian, Swedish and Finnish, his better half has nothing to fall back on as far as communication is concerned, this in a place where English is rarely spoken or understood. “She liked Toronto really much, did whatever she wanted by herself there, but in Moscow she always needs me around,” said Komarov, noting the challenge of simply traveling around the city without knowing the Russian language. An unrestricted free agent this summer, Komarov is open to returning to the Leafs and the city of Toronto, but he appears more focused on simply getting back into the NHL however possible. Yet to receive any offers he remains hopeful about his prospects with a fallback plan of good money and opportunity in the KHL. “Theyve got good money in KHL, but its not all about the money either,” he said. “NHL is the best league you can play in.” Adidas Superstar 2 Mujer . -- The Windsor Spitfires were left with just one goaltender Tuesday after having their starter walk out on them midway through Game 3 of their Ontario Hockey League playoff matchup with the London Knights. Adidas Zx 750 Baratas .com) - Bradley Beal deposited a season-high 33 points and John Wall posted another double-double as the Washington Wizards went on the road and beat the Houston Rockets, 104-103. http://www.airmax-zapatillas.es/adidas-zapatillas/adidas-skate.html . On paper, it looks a little like Andre the Giant taking on a midget wrestler. It has all the makings of a rout with the Americans adding an eighth win in nine outings of this biennial event. The Yanks have eight players in the top 15 in the world while the Internationals have just one. Nike Free 5.0 V3 Hombre . "I just think what it does for everybody in life is real simple," said Babcock early on Friday afternoon. "You dont give in. You just keep on keeping on. Is it going to go your way every time? No. But you choose your attitude and how you perform and how hard you dig in." Nearly four years to the day of the 2010 gold medal match in Vancouver, his team dug in with its best effort of these Olympics, snuffing out the high-powered Americans for another opportunity at gold. Adidas Originals Dragon Zapatos . Speaking on Leafs Lunch with Bryan Hayes and Jamie McLennan on Thursday, Bernier said it was "very hard" at times being entrenched behind Jonathan Quick and is now excited at the prospect of getting an opportunity to compete with Reimer for the top spot with the Leafs. MELBOURNE, Australia -- Rafael Nadal continued his dominant streak over Roger Federer to reach the Australian Open final for the third time, beating the 17-time major winner 7-6 (4), 6-3, 6-3 Friday night to set up a championship decider against No. 8-seeded Stan Wawrinka. With his 23rd win in 33 matches against Federer, the 27-year-old Spaniard set up an ideal chance to win a 14th Grand Slam title and to become the first man to win all four majors at least twice in the Open era. Nadal missed the 2013 Australian Open during a seven-month layoff for illness and a knee injury, but returned to win the French and U.S. Opens among his 10 titles for the season and finished the year at No. 1. He won the Australian Open in 2009, beating Federer in the final, and lost in a five-set, 5-hour, 53-minute 2012 final to Novak Djokovic after ousting Federer in the semis. In other years, hes struggled with injuries -- its the only Grand Slam tournament he hasnt won at least twice. "Its really, really emotional for me to be back on this court, Rod Laver Arena, and to be able to play another final," Nadal said. "I think tonight I played the best match of the tournament. I go on court (against Federer) knowing that is a really tough match and if I am not playing my best, I will not have the chance to win." At the end of the night, Federer knew he wouldnt even be the No. 1-ranked player in Switzerland next week. By reaching his first major final, Wawrinka ensured hed replace Federer as their countrys highest-ranked player for the first time. But the 32-year-old Federer is confident of winning more majors, expecting some coaching from Stefan Edberg and continued improvement in his fitness to help after a slump in 2013, when he didnt reach any of the major finals for the first time in 11 years. "I still think my best tennis is only ahead of me now," said Federer, who reached the Australian Open semifinals for 11 consecutive years. Nadal is now second on the list of players reaching Grand Slam finals, joining Ivan Lendl on 19 -- Federer leads the list with 24. Another Grand Slam title would lift Nadal to equal second on the all-time list with Pete Sampras, who was in the crowd for the match. Nadal has struggled with a blister on the ppalm of his left hand in his last two matches, but he removed the heavy tape that affected his serve in his quarterfinal win over Grigor Dimitrov and replaced it with one square of adhesive tape.dddddddddddd. A TV camera got a close-up view of the blister when he took a medical timeout after the first game of the second set, drawing gasps and groans from the crowd. "Too much talk about the blister. The blister is OK," Nadal said in his on-court interview. "The problem ... is the position of the blister, its difficult." But, he said, he didnt feel any pain. He certainly didnt show it if he did. He resisted just about everything Federer threw at him, scrambling to keep balls in play that usually would be winners. Federer served and volleyed, he played with good touch, he played drop shots, he tried everything -- even complaining to the chair umpire about Nadals loud grunting after the tiebreaker -- but his 50 resulting unforced errors doubled the number by his rival. Left-handed Nadal hit 13 of his 28 winners on his powerful forehand, attacking Federers one-handed backhand yet again. "I tried a few things ... then again, Rafa does a good job of neutralizing you," Federer said. "So I guess at times I couldnt quite do what I wanted to do, but thats because of Rafa." The first break of the match came in the sixth game of the second set, giving Nadal a 4-2 lead. That only heightened the crowd support for Federer, who got a standing ovation when he broke Nadal back to make it 2-all in the third set, immediately after dropping serve in the previous game. It noise and chants died down again when Federer was broken again soon after and Nadal finished off the match. Wawrinka beat Tomas Berdych on Thursday night, getting an extra day off ahead of Sundays championship match. Li Na will be hoping for third time lucky in the womens final on Saturday against Dominika Cibulkova. She has reached the finals in three of the past four years, but is yet to win the Australian title. Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci rallied to win the last five games and successfully defended their Australian Open womens doubles title on Friday with a 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 victory over Russian pair Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BsModz Forum Index -> Sudden Attack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: